Summary Electrical Station Operator - Electrical Power Systems near Gaspé (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an electrical station operator - electrical power systems. The following information is applicable to all Power engineers and power systems operators (NOC 9241).
Power engineers operate and maintain reactors, turbines, boilers, generators, stationary engines and auxiliary equipment to generate electrical power and to provide heat, light, refrigeration and other utility services for commercial, institutional and industrial plants and facilities. Power systems operators monitor and operate switchboards and related equipment in electrical control centres to control the distribution of electrical power in transmission networks. They are employed by power generation plants, electrical power utilities, manufacturing plants, hospitals, universities and government and commercial establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are fair in Québec
advertised in Québec
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunction
- Operate equipment in hydro, thermal and nuclear power plants
- Regulate and co-ordinate transmission loads, frequency and line voltage
- Write plant or building operation reports
- Date modified: