Summary Osteopathic Manual Practitioner near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an osteopathic manual practitioner. The following information is applicable to all Practitioners of natural healing (NOC 3232).
Practitioners of natural healing provide health care to patients using traditional Chinese medicine techniques and other forms of treatment including acupuncture, herbology or reflexology to promote, maintain and restore the holistic health of patients. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, or are employed by clinics, health clubs and spas.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job outlook is good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them
- Advise patients on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions
- Diagnose illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of the illness itself
- Manipulate or apply pressure to various parts of the body, hands and feet
- Provide other alternative forms of health care to patients
- Date modified: