Summary Forester near Rimouski (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a forester. The following information is applicable to all Forestry professionals (NOC 2122).
Forestry professionals conduct research, develop plans and administer and direct programs related to the management and harvesting of forest resources. They are employed by the forest industry, provincial and federal governments, consulting companies, educational institutions and other industries, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Québec
- Plan and direct road building, wildlife management, environmental protection and insect and vegetation control programs
- Provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, municipal, provincial or federal governments or to companies
- Plan and direct woodlands harvesting, reforestation, silviculture and fire prevention and fire suppression programs
- Plan and direct forest surveys and related studies and prepare reports and recommendations
- Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management and leasing of forest lands
- Date modified: