Summary Mechanical Engineer near Longueuil (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "mechanical engineer" was moved from the group Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132) to the group Mechanical engineers (NOC 21301).
Find key facts and figures about working as a mechanical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Mechanical engineers (NOC 21301).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. They are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Montérégie Region
advertised near Longueuil (QC)
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Design power plants, machines and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation of mechanical systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Date modified: