Summary Mechanical Engineer near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a mechanical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Mechanical engineers (NOC 21301).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. They are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Design power plants, machines and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation of mechanical systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Date modified: