Summary Metallurgical Engineering Technologist near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a metallurgical engineering technologist. The following information is applicable to all Geological and mineral technologists and technicians (NOC 2212).
Geological and mineral technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in the fields of oil and gas exploration and production, geophysics, petroleum engineering, geology, mining and mining engineering, mineralogy, extractive and physical metallurgy, metallurgical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by petroleum and mining companies, consulting geology and engineering firms, and by governments and educational institutions as well as by a variety of manufacturing, construction and utilities companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Conduct or assist in environmental audits, in the design of measures to minimize undesirable environmental effects of mining and oil and gas operations
- Assist in hydrogeological field and laboratory studies
- Prepare notes, sketches, geological maps and cross sections
- Conduct or supervise mining studies
- Supervise oil and gas well drilling, well completions and work-overs
- Date modified: