Summary Industrial Designer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an industrial designer. The following information is applicable to all Industrial designers (NOC 2252).
Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job outlook is good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Analyze the intended use of products and user preferences
- Date modified: