Summary Non-destructive Inspector in Nunavut
Find key facts and figures about working as a non-destructive inspector. The following information is applicable to all Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians (NOC 2261).
Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. They are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Maintain test result reports
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators
- Instruct and supervise trainees
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Prepare, conduct and interpret liquid penetrant inspection
- Date modified: