Summary Construction Inspector near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a construction inspector. The following information is applicable to all Construction inspectors (NOC 2264).
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Inspect and provide reports on condition of new or resale homes
- Inspect existing buildings for structural defects and fire hazards
- Inspect to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Enforce steel and concrete installation codes
- Date modified: