Summary Deck Officer - Water Transport near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find key facts and figures about working as a deck officer - water transport. The following information is applicable to all Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273).
Deck officers, water transport, operate and command ships or self-propelled vessels to transport passengers and cargo on oceans and coastal and inland waters, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of deck crews. This unit group also includes Canadian Coast Guard deck officers. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador
advertised in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Command and operate ships or vessels to transport passengers and cargo
- Command and operate coast guard vessels
- Determine geographical position using navigational instruments, maps and charts
- Direct and oversee the loading and unloading of cargo
- Maintain vessel's navigational instruments and equipment
- Date modified: