Summary User Support Technician near Prince George (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an user support technician. The following information is applicable to all User support technicians (NOC 2282).
User support technicians provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors. They are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Cariboo Region
The job prospects are good in the Cariboo Region
advertised near Prince George (BC)
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Date modified: