Summary User Support Technician near Windsor (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an user support technician. The following information is applicable to all User support technicians (NOC 22221).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
User support technicians provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors. They are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.
Learn more about user support technician
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
View wages about Wages
The job prospects are fair in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Windsor (ON)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: