Summary Dentist in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a dentist. The following information is applicable to all Dentists (NOC 3113).
Dentists diagnose, treat, prevent and control disorders of the teeth and mouth. They work in private practice or may be employed in hospitals, clinics, public health facilities or universities.
University education usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are good in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Examine patients' teeth, gums and surrounding tissue
- Diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate treatment
- Restore, extract and replace diseased and decayed teeth
- Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments
- Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
- Date modified: