Summary Dentist in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a dentist. The following information is applicable to all Dentists (NOC 3113).
Dentists diagnose, treat, prevent and control disorders of the teeth and mouth. They work in private practice or may be employed in hospitals, clinics, public health facilities or universities.
University education usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are good in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region
advertised in Québec
- Act as consultants to other dentists
- Write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use by denturists and dental technicians
- Design bridgework, fit dentures and provide appliances
- Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
- Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments
- Date modified: