Summary Veterinarian near Stratford (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a veterinarian. The following information is applicable to all Veterinarians (NOC 3114).
Veterinarians prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and disorders in animals and advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, housing and general care of animals. They work in private practice or may be employed by animal clinics, farms, laboratories, government or industry.
University education usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are good in the Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region
advertised near Stratford (ON)
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
- Date modified: