Summary Administrative Nutritionist near Saanich (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an administrative nutritionist. The following information is applicable to all Dietitians and nutritionists (NOC 3132).
Dietitians and nutritionists plan, implement and oversee nutrition and food service programs. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, home health-care agencies and extended care facilities, community health centres, the food and beverage industry, educational institutions, and government and sports organizations, or they may work as private consultants.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The job outlook is good in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
advertised in British Columbia
- Develop, administer and supervise nutrition and food preparation and service programs
- Evaluate nutritional status of individuals and provide nutrition guidance and consulting to health professionals, individuals, dietetic interns, community groups, government and the media
- Plan, evaluate and conduct nutrition education programs and develop educational materials for various audiences
- Analyze current scientific nutritional studies, conduct research and evaluate program effectiveness to improve the nutritional value, taste, appearance and preparation of food
- Aid in the prevention and/or treatment of inadequate nutrition
- Date modified: