Summary Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a diagnostic medical sonographer. The following information is applicable to all Medical sonographers (NOC 3216).
Medical sonographers operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of various parts of the body to aid physicians in monitoring pregnancies and in diagnosing cardiac, ophthalmic, vascular and other medical disorders. They are employed in clinics and hospitals. Medical sonographers who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are good in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to produce and record images
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required
- Record, store and process scanned images by using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations
- Prepare examination reports for physicians
- Date modified: