Summary Medical Sonographer near Saanich (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical sonographer. The following information is applicable to all Medical sonographers (NOC 3216).
Medical sonographers operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of various parts of the body to aid physicians in monitoring pregnancies and in diagnosing cardiac, ophthalmic, vascular and other medical disorders. They are employed in clinics and hospitals. Medical sonographers who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in British Columbia
- Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to produce and record images
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required
- Record, store and process scanned images by using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations
- Prepare examination reports for physicians
- Date modified: