Summary Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) in the Northeast Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.). The following information is applicable to all Licensed practical nurses (NOC 32101).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Licensed practical nurses provide nursing care usually under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. Operating room technicians prepare patients and provide assistance to medical practitioners prior to and during surgery. Licensed practical nurses are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, companies, private homes and community health centres. Operating room technicians are employed in hospitals.
Learn more about licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Northeast Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in the Northeast Region
View available jobs about Jobs
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
- Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
- Take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitore nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection
- Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: