Summary Plumber near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a plumber. The following information is applicable to all Plumbers (NOC 7251).
Plumbers install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. They are employed in maintenance departments of factories, plants and similar establishments, by plumbing contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Date modified: