Summary Fabricator, Steel - Structural Metal And Platework in Manitoba
Find key facts and figures about working as a fabricator, steel - structural metal and platework. The following information is applicable to all Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235).
Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters fabricate, assemble, fit and install steel or other metal components for buildings, bridges, tanks, towers, boilers, pressure vessels and other similar structures and products. They are employed in structural steel, boiler and platework fabrication plants and by heavy machinery manufacturing and shipbuilding companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects are limited in Manitoba
advertised in Manitoba
- Lay out reference points and patterns
- Assemble and fit plates and sections to form structures
- Weld or bolt sections together
- Set up and operate heavy-duty metal-working machines
- Construct patterns and templates
- Date modified: