Summary Fabricator, Steel - Structural Metal And Platework in the North Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a fabricator, steel - structural metal and platework. The following information is applicable to all Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235).
Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters fabricate, assemble, fit and install steel or other metal components for buildings, bridges, tanks, towers, boilers, pressure vessels and other similar structures and products. They are employed in structural steel, boiler and platework fabrication plants and by heavy machinery manufacturing and shipbuilding companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Manitoba
- Install fabricated components in final product
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
- Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Construct patterns and templates
- Set up and operate heavy-duty metal-working machines
- Date modified: