Summary Community And Social Services Worker near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Find key facts and figures about working as a community and social services worker. The following information is applicable to all Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
Social and community service workers administer and implement a variety of social assistance programs and community services, and assist clients to deal with personal and social problems. They are employed by social service and government agencies, mental health agencies, group homes, shelters, substance abuse centres, school boards, correctional facilities and other establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Cape Breton Region
The job outlook is fair in the Cape Breton Region
advertised near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services
- Implement life skills workshops
- Assess client's relevant skill strengths and development needs
- Conduct follow-up assessments
- Date modified: