Summary Early Childhood Educator Assistant in the Nord-du-Québec Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an early childhood educator assistant. The following information is applicable to all Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
Early childhood educators plan, organize and implement programs for children between the ages of infancy and 12 years. Early childhood educator assistants provide care for infants and preschool- to school-age children under the guidance of early childhood educators. Early childhood educators and assistants lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth and ensure their security and well-being. They are employed in child-care centres, day-care centres, kindergartens, agencies for exceptional children and other settings where early childhood education services are provided. Supervisors of early childhood educators and assistants are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Nord-du-Québec Region
The job prospects are good in the Nord-du-Québec Region
advertised in Québec
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Date modified: