Summary Landscape Architect in Alberta
Find key facts and figures about working as a landscape architect. The following information is applicable to all Landscape architects (NOC 2152).
Landscape architects conceptualize, design, plan and manage the construction of natural, cultural and built landscape development for commercial projects, office complexes, parks, golf courses and residential development. They are employed by government environmental and development agencies, landscape consulting firms and by architectural and engineering firms, or they are self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Confer with clients to determine design needs
- Survey and assess designated sites
- Develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings of sites
- Prepare or oversee preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, models, photographs, maps, land use studies and design plans
- Date modified: