Summary Mathematical Statistician near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a mathematical statistician. The following information is applicable to all Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries (NOC 2161).
Mathematicians and statisticians research mathematical or statistical theories, and develop and apply mathematical or statistical techniques for solving problems in such fields as science, engineering, business and social science. Actuaries apply mathematics, statistics, probability and risk theory to assess potential financial impacts of future events. Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries are employed by universities, governments, bank and trust companies, insurance companies, pension benefit consulting firms, professional associations, and science and engineering consulting firms.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Calculate premiums, contributions and benefits for insurance policies, pension and superannuating plans
- Design life, health, and property insurance policies
- Assist investment fund managers in portfolio asset allocation decisions and risk management
- Provide legal evidence on the value of future earnings
- Apply mathematical models to forecast and calculate the probable future costs of insurance and pension benefits
- Date modified: