Summary Software Design Engineer near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a software design engineer. The following information is applicable to all Software engineers and designers (NOC 21231).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Calgary Region
advertised near Calgary (AB)
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Date modified: