Summary Software Design Engineer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a software design engineer. The following information is applicable to all Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173).
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Date modified: