Summary Computer Software Engineer in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a computer software engineer. The following information is applicable to all Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173).
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
The job prospects are good in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
advertised in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Date modified: