Summary Technical Indexer - Library in Nunavut
Find key facts and figures about working as a technical indexer - library. The following information is applicable to all Library and public archive technicians (NOC 5211).
Library and public archive technicians assist users in accessing library or archive resources, assist in describing new acquisitions, participate in archive processing and storage, and conduct reference searches. They are employed by libraries and public archives.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Assist library users in accessing basic library materials
- Catalogue new library acquisitions under the direction of a librarian
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Assist librarians in giving tours and providing children's and other specialized library programs
- Codify and classify archival materials
- Date modified: