Summary Technical Indexer - Library in the Laurentides Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a technical indexer - library. The following information is applicable to all Library and public archive technicians (NOC 52100).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Library and public archive technicians assist users in accessing library or archive resources, assist in describing new acquisitions, participate in archive processing and storage, and conduct reference searches. They are employed by libraries and public archives.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Laurentides Region
advertised in Québec
- Assist librarians in giving tours and providing children's and other specialized library programs
- Assist library users in accessing basic library materials
- Catalogue new library acquisitions under the direction of a librarian
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Apply standards and policies for storage of records and archival materials
- Date modified: