Summary Photographer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a photographer. The following information is applicable to all Photographers (NOC 5221).
Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. They are employed by photographic studios, newspapers, magazines, museums and government, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Develop and print photographs
- Mount and frame photographs
- Adapt existing photographic images and create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/newmedia products
- Determine picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- Operate computers to manipulate photographic images
- Date modified: