Summary Music Editor - Recording Studio near Waterloo (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a music editor - recording studio. The following information is applicable to all Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 52113).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by multimedia companies, film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, educational establishments, clubs, hotels, bands, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Ontario
- Supervise other technical staff
- Operate mixing, dubbing, editing machinery and equipment
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment at concerts and live events
- Operate audio-visual or electronic equipment
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment and edit video tape after production
- Date modified: