Summary Video Recording Technician near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a video recording technician. The following information is applicable to all Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225).
Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by multimedia companies, film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, educational establishments, clubs, hotels, bands, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Operate audio-visual or electronic equipment
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment at concerts and live events
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment and edit video tape after production
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input
- Operate mixing, dubbing, editing machinery and equipment
- Date modified: