Summary Employment Insurance Benefits Control Officer near Kingston (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an employment insurance benefits control officer. The following information is applicable to all Employment insurance and revenue officers (NOC 12104).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Employment insurance and revenue officers administer and enforce laws and regulations related to tax revenue, employment insurance and other government benefit services. They are employed by government agencies.
Learn more about employment insurance benefits control officer
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Kingston–Pembroke Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Ontario
View available jobs about Jobs
- Audit accounting records to determine income, exemptions, payable taxes, compliance with reporting regulations and existence of fraud
- Determine eligibility of persons applying for benefits
- Examine documents and conduct interviews to determine admissibility of persons seeking entry into Canada
- Question persons at border points to determine admissibility of goods
- Ascertain facts on issues such as reason for loss of employment and availability for work
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: