Summary Residential Real Estate Agent in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a residential real estate agent. The following information is applicable to all Real estate agents and salespersons (NOC 6232).
Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate. They are employed in the real estate industry.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Use real estate software packages
- Draw up sales agreements for purchaser's and seller's approval
- Assist prospective buyers in making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting and inspecting real estate properties
- Date modified: