Summary Chief Buyer near Lloydminster (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a chief buyer. The following information is applicable to all Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 6222).
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail or wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Camrose–Drumheller Region
The job prospects are fair in the Camrose–Drumheller Region
advertised in Alberta
- Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements with suppliers
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Arrange product according to planogram
- Date modified: