Summary Chief Buyer near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a chief buyer. The following information is applicable to all Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 62101).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail or wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are limited in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Arrange product according to planogram
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements with suppliers
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets
- Date modified: