Summary Cook near Laval (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a cook. The following information is applicable to all Cooks (NOC 63200).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Laval Region
The job prospects are fair in the Laval Region
advertised near Laval (QC)
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Date modified: