Summary Cook in New Brunswick
Find key facts and figures about working as a cook. The following information is applicable to all Cooks (NOC 6322).
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in New Brunswick
The job prospects are limited in New Brunswick
advertised in New Brunswick
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Date modified: