Summary Cook in the Centre-du-Québec Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a cook. The following information is applicable to all Cooks (NOC 6322).
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Centre-du-Québec Region
The job prospects are good in the Centre-du-Québec Region
advertised in the Centre-du-Québec Region
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Date modified: