Summary Travel Consultant near Grande Prairie (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a travel consultant. The following information is applicable to all Travel counsellors (NOC 6521).
Travel counsellors advise clients on travel options and tour packages, make bookings and reservations, prepare tickets and receive payment. They are employed in travel agencies, transportation and tourism firms and hotel chains.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region
The job prospects are fair in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Investigate new travel areas, hotels and other amenities
- Sell travel products and travel insurance
- Prepare marketing materials
- Provide customers with travel information and other details such as regulations, duty free allowances, health risks and requirements, attractions and special events
- Calculate costs, process refunds and attend to other financial transactions
- Date modified: