Summary Travel Consultant in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a travel consultant. The following information is applicable to all Travel counsellors (NOC 64310).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Travel counsellors advise clients on travel options and tour packages, make bookings and reservations, prepare tickets and receive payment. They are employed in travel agencies, transportation and tourism firms and hotel chains.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Supervise clerical staff or other travel counsellors
- Investigate new travel areas, hotels and other amenities
- Manage difficult situations with customers
- Perform general office duties
- Sell travel products and travel insurance
- Date modified: