Summary Ironworker in the North Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an ironworker. The following information is applicable to all Ironworkers (NOC 7236).
Ironworkers fabricate, erect, hoist, install, repair and service structural ironwork, precast concrete, concrete reinforcing materials, curtain walls, ornamental iron and other metals used in the construction of buildings, bridges, highways, dams and other structures and equipment. They are employed by construction ironwork contractors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects are fair in Manitoba
advertised in Manitoba
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Dismantle metal, pre-cast concrete or laminated timber buildings and other structures
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Date modified: