Summary Carpenter near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a carpenter. The following information is applicable to all Carpenters (NOC 7271).
Carpenters construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials. They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, and maintenance departments of factories, plants and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are good in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Date modified: