Summary Concrete Finisher near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a concrete finisher. The following information is applicable to all Concrete finishers (NOC 73100).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Concrete finishers smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface treatments and install, maintain and restore various masonry structures such as foundations, floors, ceilings, sidewalks, roads, patios and highrise buildings. They are employed by construction companies, cement and concrete contractors and manufacturers of precast concrete products, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Learn more about concrete finisher
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View wages about Wages
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: