Summary Hotel Front Desk Clerk in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a hotel front desk clerk. The following information is applicable to all Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 64314).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
Learn more about hotel front desk clerk
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Canada
View wages about Wages
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Canada
View available jobs about Jobs
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: