Summary Restaurant Host/hostess near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a restaurant host/hostess. The following information is applicable to all Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses (NOC 6511).
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses greet patrons and escort them to tables, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of food and beverage servers. They are employed in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges and similar establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Advise on wine selection and serve wine
- Liaise between chefs and customers
- Order and receive liquor and other supplies and maintain inventories
- Inspect dining rooms and other food and beverage serving areas
- Deposit cash and maintain daily log books
- Date modified: