Summary Food And Beverage Server near Canmore (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "food and beverage server" was moved from the group Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) to the group Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200).
Find key facts and figures about working as a food and beverage server. The following information is applicable to all Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Food and beverage servers take patrons' food and beverage orders and serve orders to patrons. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and similar establishments.
Learn more about food and beverage server
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Alberta
View available jobs about Jobs
- Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Prepare and serve specialty food at customers' tables
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: