Summary Insurance Underwriter near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an insurance underwriter. The following information is applicable to all Insurance underwriters (NOC 12202).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Insurance underwriters review and evaluate insurance applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums and extent of insurance coverage according to company policies. They are employed at head and branch offices of insurance companies.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Montréal Region
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Review individual and group applications for insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of coverage and other conditions
- Use medical reports, rate tables and other documents to determine coverage
- Approve sale of insurance policies
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Date modified: